Recipe by MsSally
From Northpole.com. These look great. Planning for holiday cookie tray. Prep time doesn't include chill time.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 120 Andes mints candies (about 3 boxes)
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan over low heat, melt butter; add sugar and water. Then add chocolate chips. Stir until partially melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in applesauce, then cool for 5 minutes. Add egg sub. and dry ingredients; mix with a mixer on low speed until blended.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Make into 1" balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350°F for 10-13 minutes. While still hot, put Andies candy mint on each cookie, let it get soft then swirl mint with spoon. Cool on baking rack.