Recipe by Kaccy G.
This is a copy cat verison of Olive Garden's Andes Mint Pie. I love those little mints.
Top Review by LAURIE
OMG--KC this was to die for! Lucky I had leftover mints from the Easter baskets so I splurged! I loved it and the mousse is even great alone! I am gonna expreiment with this with egg substitute and a lighter cream so make it a little lower in calories but OMG this is a keeper!!! TY
- 1 cup Andes mints candies, chopped
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 package Andes mints candies
Directions See How It's Made
- In microwave, for about 15 seconds, melt mints.
- Put egg yolks in top of double boiler and whisk until pale yellow and frothy.
- Add melted mints and mix until combined.
- The mix will get stiff.
- In a seperate bowl using a mixer, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the mint and egg yolk mixture a little at a time.
- Whip up the heavy cream with a mixer until thick.
- Fold this into the mint mixture a little at a time.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Pour batter into lightly greased springform pan.
- Bake according to package directions.
- To assemble pie: Top cooled brownie with mint mousse and refrigerate.
- Heat the milk in a pan on the stove.
- Add the chocolate chips and melt, constantly stirring over low heat until it makes a chocolate sauce.
- Top the cooled pie with the chocolate sauce.
- Decorate with Andes Mints.