Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This easy to make cake-mix dessert is impressive and delicious. It came from an Andes recipe flyer at the Supermarket.
- 510.29 g box devil's food cake mix
- 236.59 ml water (or what mix calls for)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil (or what mix calls for)
- 3 eggs (or what mix calls for)
- 453.59 g non-dairy whipped topping
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 132.39 g package Andes mints candies
- Cake: Prepare two 8" or 9" cake layers according to directions on devils food cake mix box. Cool for approximately 40 minutes before frosting.
- Meanwhile make Chocolate Curls: With vegetable peeler, shave along side of each Andes mint lengthwise to equal about 1/2 cup of curls. Chop broken pieces and reserve for use in frosting (about 1/3 cup).
- Frosting: In large bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then lower the speed and slowly mix in the non-dairy whipped topping. Fold the Andes thin mints pieces into the cream.
- Assembly: Place one cake layer on serving plate; top with half the frosting and spread evenly. Place the second cake layer on top and spread remaining frosting on top of cake. Sprinkle top with Andes Mint Curls.
- Cover and refrigerate cake if not serving immediately.
We loved the cake but I added about a cup of powdwered sugar to frosting. It makes a ton of frosting and I easily frosted the entire cake. Deffinitely delicious!