Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the back of Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips. I made a few small changes and am really pleased with the results! These cookies taste very similar to the Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookies!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend butter, brown sugar, white granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until ingredients are mixed.
- Add Andes Baking Chips and mix.
- Add Flour and continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended together.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
- Spoon out approximately 1 oz of dough per cookie.
- Form a ball and then slightly flatten.
- Place on non-stick baking pans and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on pans for 2 minutes, then remove.
I'm not impressed with this alteration of the recipe, I wish I would've taken the time to find the original. I've baked with both and this recipe is definitely lacking compared to the original. Maybe it's the salt that's missing I don't know but I'm very disappointed with this version. The original is definitely the way to go!
Andes baking chips were not available in the grocery store I frequent so chopped up Andes mints instead. I used about 28 mints ( 7 oz ) and it was plenty. Baked them for 10 mins and they still came out very soft, the way my son likes his cookies. I addes a little salt, and that was the only alteration I made. Thank you for posting. They were delicious.
Delicious!! I will absolutely make sgs