Recipe by OrchydMyst
Got this recipe from tootsie.com but I haven't tried it yet. Looks tasty. Let me know how it turns out! I usually use chocolate graham crackers when it calls for chocolate cookie crumbs. Makes an almost brownie tasting crust and my family loves it! (Cooking time includes chilling time.)
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Andes mint baking chips (28 candies) or 1 (4 2/3 ounce) packageandes creme de menthe thin candies, chopped (28 candies)
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) packageandes creme de menthe thin candies (28 candies)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream or 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
- Add butter; mix well.
- Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325°F, 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix on low speed just until well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup Andes Baking Chips or 1 package of chopped Andes Candies (28 pieces);
- pour into crust.
- Bake at 325 F, 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife between rim of pan and cheesecake. Cool to room temperature.
- Set aside 10-12 candy pieces, any flavor, for decorating top of cake.
- Place remaining Andes Candies and whipping cream in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds.
- Stir until candies are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over cheesecake, spreading to cover surface and drizzle down sides of cheesecake. Decorate with reserved Andes Candies.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 3 hours or until serving time.