Recipe by ziggy54
I have not tried this recipe...yet! Looks to be very easy to prepare.
Top Review by four_angels
Fabulous recipe that I have made 3 years in a row now for each Christmas!! I substitute Peppermint Extract for the Vanilla extract, to add a stronger mint flavor, which I love. I recommend this to everyone that is a fan of Chocolate Mint!
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened (this IS the correct amount)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 28 Andes mints candies or 1 cup Andes mint baking chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream or 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 28 Andes mints candies or 1 cup Andes mint baking chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- For the CRUST: Mix crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar in small bowl.
- Add butter, mixing well.
- Press on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- BAKE at 325* (F) for 10 minutes.
- For the FILLING: Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in large bowl at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing on low until well combined, do NOT overmix.
- Stir in 1 package of chopped Andes Candies (28 pieces) and pour into crust.
- BAKE: 325* (F) for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run a knife between pan and cheesecake.
- Set cake on cooling rack till room temperature.
- Remove sides of pan.
- For TOPPING:.
- Set aside 10 or 12 Andes candies for decorating cake top.
- In a microwavable bowl, mix remaining candies with cream (or milk).
- On high, microwave 45 seconds.
- Stir till candies melt and mixture is smooth.
- Spread over cheesecake and let drizzle down sides.
- Decorate with reserved Andes Candies.
- REFRIGERATE, at least, 3 hours or until serving time.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.