Recipe by Jester's Lace
A marinated cabbage salad. Good as a summer side dish, or an alternative to cole slaw.
- 1 small savoy cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the salt. Allow to sit for one hour.
- Rinse the cabbage in several changes of water. Taste it, if it is too salty, rinse again. Soak the cabbage in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain again.
- Toss the cabbage with the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Garnish with the olives if desired.