Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is poster per request and was found on the net. No name was attached.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, roasted,peeled and seeded
- 2 slices stale French bread
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled,chopped and put through a food mill
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small cucumber, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons high quality spanish sherry wine vinegar
- 1 hard egg yolk
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped tomato (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- chopped green pepper (optional)
- chopped serrano chili (optional)
- chopped hard-boiled egg (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- canned tuna in vegetable oil (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
- chopped imported black olives (optional)
- chopped imported green olives (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- cumin (optional)
- tarragon leaf (optional)
- pine nuts (optional)
- crouton (optional)
- Mince the garlic.
- Soak the bread in some tomato juice and water.
- Squeeze dry.
- Add bread to your food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add tomatoes and process 5 seconds, then pour in olive oil while running your machine.
- Add the cukes and proccess to smooth.
- Drizzle in the vinegar and add the yolk.
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin if you wish.
- Transfer to a bowl and add 12 ice cubes.
- Place in your fridge and leave in there for around three hours, stirring now and again to melt the ice.
- Serve when cubes are totally melted.
- Garnish as you will.