Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic sauce. It's similar to thousand island dressing although it uses fresh ingredients instead of a relish which gives it more of a gourmet twist. I put it on belgium frites, traditional french fries and hamburgers. I love it so much I've started keeping a jar in my fridge at all times. A good tip to finely blend all ingredients is to (carefully) use a cheese grater on the vegetables, that way you're using more of the juice from the vegetables.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Make sauce:.
- Stir together all sauce ingredients and chill, covered, at least 1 hour to allow flavors to develop. Bring to room temperature before serving.