Recipe by Annacia
This is an ancient Greek Recipe taken from the "Taste" Greek Magazine.It sounds really interesting and not all that difficult using the food processor for crushing the nuts and seeds.
- 200 g flour, unbleached
- 50 g almonds, blanched and crushed
- 50 g walnuts, crushed
- 150 g honey (thyme honey prefered)
- 3 eggs
- 50 g sesame, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the sesame.
- Grease a cake pan and sprinkle with the ground sesame.
- Crush the almonds and walnuts well.
- Preheat the oven to 200 c (375 f).
- Beat the eggs with the honey and slowly add the flour and all the other ingredients, including any left over sesame, beating constantly.
- Place batter in pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, leaving the oven door open a bit for the first 10 minutes.
- When done remove from the oven and take the cake out of the pan.
- Cover with a towel until cool.