Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06. Adapted from Greek-Recipe.com. Source:The Classical Cookbook, Andrew Dalby and Sally Grainger. Excellent source regarding Ancient Greek cuisine.
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cod fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the coriander seeds in a baking pan and bake them for 10 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Mash them with mortar & pestle together with the salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar.
- Dredge cod fillets in oil mixture.
- Toss fillets with the coriander mixture and place them in a baking pan.
- Cover the pan and place it in the oven. Bake the fish for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with vinegar and serve hot.
This recipe was initially posted on www.greek-recipe.com.