Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's an easy to make meal. I'm sure that any fish with a similar texture to that of tuna would work as well. Serve with rice and a green tossed salad.
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 leeks, cut in rounds
- 8 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cucumber, medium sized and cut in rounds
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 6 pieces tuna, fresh
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the leeks and the celery until soft.
- Add the herbs, the cucumber, the water, and the wine.
- Mix well and put the tuna slices on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the pan and boil on a low heat for 30 - 45 minutes, according to the thickness of the tuna.