Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So you want the secret-eh? To be honest, it's not Chinese but Vietnamese, and it's not ancient, only about 25 years old. I love it because it's American born, American made. With a story straight out of Chinatown, Huy Fong Chili Garlic sauce is one of my favorite ingredients. It's incredibly versatile and IMO absolutely essential to any respectable chef's kitchen. I also call these "Firecracker Sloppy Joe's" depending on how hot I'm making them. This recipe is FANTASTIC for a party. Double or triple it depending on your guest list. You can make it hours ahead of time and let it simmer all day in the crock pot. Throw some buns out and let the guests spoon on the "joes". Rave reviews. Guaranteed.
- Brown meat, onions & garlic, breaking up the meat until no longer pink.
- Place in Crock Pot and mix in all other ingredients.
- Leave on low heat 3-4 hours. (Can be served after 30 min, but it's nice to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve on buns.
- *Consider making your own buns #117281.
- *Adjust chili garlic sauce for more heat if you like it spicy!