1/2 Photos of Anchovy & Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta
I was looking at Dorothy Parks Crostini recipe (it's very good) and thought no I'll add a few ingredients and make bruschettas. This recipe is the result of guess and by golly and by golly it is good (my opinion). The nice thing is if you plan it right they take seconds to put together before serving. Make the toasts well in advance and the spread the day before. I store my opened Sun dried tomatoes in oil in the fridge - If you do this too use the congealed olive oil in the jar to brush on the toast MM
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, well drained
- 7 -8 anchovy fillets (1 small tin)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium tomato, fresh, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 6 drops hot sauce (Peri-Peri Tabasco, your favorite)
- 6 teaspoons asiago cheese or 6 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lite olive oil or 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1Slice the bread and very lightly paint with the olive oil and toast (dry) the slices in the oven 300°F for approx 20 minutes or until the slices are crisp dried.
- 2I do this well in advance and keep the dried toasts in an air tight container so you always have some on hand, or you can buy ready made ones.
- 3In your food processor or hand held chopper attachment put in: sun dried tomatoes, anchovies,garlic salt& pepper, and hot sauce.
- 4Chop until you have a very fine spreadable mixture, let stand for at least 1/2 hour.
- 5I make mine up a few hours in advance.
- 6Spread the mixture on the dry toasts.
- 7Top with fresh chopped tomato.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese of your choice.
- 9Place in 375°F oven for approx 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is golden.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anchovy & Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 193.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: