Here's a wonderful, somewhat different risotto -- the anchovies are not at all overwhelming, but are simply delicious
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil (from container of anchovy fillets)
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets (flat)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 anchovy fillets (flat, minced)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (use best quality possible)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Bring broth to a steady simmer in a saucepan.
- 2In a heavy 4-quart dutch oven, heat the butter and oil (from the containers of anchovies) over moderate heat. Add the onion, garlic, and six anchovy fillets. Using a wooden spoon, mash the anchovies. Saute for 1-2 minutes, until onion begins to soften it.
- 3Add the rice to the pan; stir for one minute, making sure grains are well coated.
- 4Add the wine and stir until it is completely absorbed.
- 5Add a half-cup of the broth and stir until broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth, a half-cup at a time, and continue stirring continuously. Wait until each addition of broth is absorbed before adding the next half-cup.
- 6After the rice has become tender (18-25 minutes), add the final broth and stir until absorbed. Turn off the heat and add the minced anchovies, butter, Parmesan, and parsley, and stir until combined (1-2 minutes).
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anchovy Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 442.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g