Recipe by KLHquilts
Here's a wonderful, somewhat different risotto -- the anchovies are not at all overwhelming, but are simply delicious
- 5 cups fish stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil (from container of anchovy fillets)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets (flat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 anchovy fillets (flat, minced)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (use best quality possible)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a steady simmer in a saucepan.
- In a heavy 4-quart dutch oven, heat the butter and oil (from the containers of anchovies) over moderate heat. Add the onion, garlic, and six anchovy fillets. Using a wooden spoon, mash the anchovies. Saute for 1-2 minutes, until onion begins to soften it.
- Add the rice to the pan; stir for one minute, making sure grains are well coated.
- Add the wine and stir until it is completely absorbed.
- Add a half-cup of the broth and stir until broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth, a half-cup at a time, and continue stirring continuously. Wait until each addition of broth is absorbed before adding the next half-cup.
- After the rice has become tender (18-25 minutes), add the final broth and stir until absorbed. Turn off the heat and add the minced anchovies, butter, Parmesan, and parsley, and stir until combined (1-2 minutes).
- Serve immediately.