Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that is loosely based on something I once saw on the Frugal Gourmet. He combined all of the ingredients except the meat, then used it to stuff a chicken. That is good, but we have come to like to like this adaptation better.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 large onion, cut in small chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, mashed with their oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut pork loin and potatoes into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss well to coat the meat and potatoes with the other ingredients.
- Empty bowl into the prepared baking dish and even out the ingredients.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the meat and potatoes are done.
- ***Alternately, omit the pork and use the the combined ingredients to stuff a turkey or 2 chickens. Roast as you would usually prepare the bird(s). Or, place a small pork roast, turkey breast or chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, then surround with the remaining ingredients, bake until meat is done.