Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty take on the Classic British Gentleman's Relish as a perky canapé topping. Great for perking up sandwiches or scrambled eggs on toast too!
- 8 ounces anchovies packed in oil, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the anchovies and butter until they resemble a smooth paste. You could also use a food processor.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, spices and pepper and spoon the paste into a large ramekin. Cover and chill before serving.