A change from garlic toast. You need to at least "like" anchovies for this one! Serving size depends on how thick or thin you spread the mixture on each slice of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute' garlic in oil (do not brown).
- 2Add anchovies and cook/saute for a few minutes.
- 3Put mixture in blender or food processor and puree.
- 4Spread onto sliced French, Sour Dough or Italian bread.
- 5Cover each slice with desired amount of cheese.
- 6Place under broiler until the cheese becomes bubbly.
- 7Note: if you are not terribly fond of anchovies (very salty fish) I would put on a thinner spread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anchovy Garlic Spread
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: