Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A change from garlic toast. You need to at least "like" anchovies for this one! Serving size depends on how thick or thin you spread the mixture on each slice of bread.
- Saute' garlic in oil (do not brown).
- Add anchovies and cook/saute for a few minutes.
- Put mixture in blender or food processor and puree.
- Spread onto sliced French, Sour Dough or Italian bread.
- Cover each slice with desired amount of cheese.
- Place under broiler until the cheese becomes bubbly.
- Note: if you are not terribly fond of anchovies (very salty fish) I would put on a thinner spread.
I love this recipe. This is the ONLY garlic bread that I make now. Simple and fantastic. I printed it out last summer and have been using it ever since. I've served it for company and it goes fast. I love the rich, salty taste. So does my husband and everyone I've served it to. Thanks for a great recipe!