Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've had this recipe for ages- it's really good! The anchovy taste is subtle. My aunt sent me a publication called Party Time Ideas from Safeway, and this was one of the recipes.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste or 2 tablespoons finely chopped anchovies
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all of the ingredients in order given.
- Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- Tips: Looking for an unusual container for your dip? Try a sea shell, coconut shell, green or red bell pepper case, half grapefruit, or scooped out tomato.
- Dip accompaniments may be selected from assorted crisp crackers and waferettes, corn or potato chips, pretzels, or raw vegetables.
The original recipe was excellent, however I also tried the recipe in the review section with the olive oil and butter and found that recipe so greasy-not good at all.
It's a very tasty dip, I make a lighter version of i by just mixing about 8TBS of olive oil , 5TBS buter,1(2OZ)can of anchovy drained and chopped with 8-10clovesof garlic minced, and heat the mixture on a low heat for about 15 minutes until the anchovy have melted. Dip in some raw vegetables while it's hot.