Recipe by Sara 76
This is from the Australian magazine, New Idea. By their calculations, this comes in at just $3.95 per serve!
Top Review by Chef Kate
A great entree! Pretty on the plate and tastes wonderful. I used rockfish fillets and more anchovies as we love them. They really do melt into the sauce and give a fine flavor to the fish. I really love the pepper and scallion in the rice. We did sub asparagus for green beans based on what was available in the market. Thanks, Sara!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 firm white fish fillets
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- steamed green beans, to serve
ANCHOVY LEMON BUTTER
- 50 g butter
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. lace in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Cook fish both sides. Remove and cover to keep warm.
- Clean and oil pan. Cook capsicum until soft. Add onions and rind, stirring for 1 minute. Add mixture to rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make anchovy butter, melt butter in a frying pan. Add anchovies and juice. Cook, stirring for 1 minute to break up anchovies. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Serve fish over rice with green beans. Drizzle with anchovy butter.4.