Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Mario Batali recipe.
- 12 salt-packed anchovy fillets
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, leaves chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint leaf
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 16 slices italian peasant bread (thin slices)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soak anchovies in water for 1 hour. Drain, rinse and chop.
- Using a fork, mash the anchovies, parsley, mint and the garlic in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and pepper, to taste. Keep mixing and mashing until you achieve a creamy consistency. You may need to add more oil.
- Spread the anchovy mixture in equal amounts over the bread slices.
- Place the bruschetta on a large baking sheet.
- Bake until the bread is just toasted, about 8 to10 minutes.