Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Allegedly the original.
Make and share this Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, not butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- The Sauce: This makes enough for about 30 "wingettes." Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted. Stir occasionally.
- The Wings: Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375 degrees F using vegetable or peanut oil. Fry 15 wings at a time for 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the wings for a few minutes then put them in a bowl. After all the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.
- They can be eaten now, or you can put them on a baking sheet and bake them for a few minutes to get an extra-crispy coating.
You just have to love it. I look up the reviews and out of 7 reviews, every one changed the recipe before even trying it out. Why not just submit your own version instead or try the recipe as is and then give your review.
I love the flavour of this sauce, though I did tweak it. I also bbq'd my wings instead of frying them. I didn't use the louisiana sauce, I didn't have it, so sub'd with Sriracha hot chili sauce. I only used 3 tbsp. This stuff is very hot. I used vegan margarine, left out the celery and cayenne. I used garlic powder and added a 1/4 tsp. of A-1 Steak Sauce. I used all the other ingredients and coated the wings and ate them as is. I like my wings mild, so I think next time I'll cut back on the chili sauce, these were hotter then I liked. Thanks for the great sauce...I'll make this again for sure!
I added this to the sauce for the Unbelievable baked buffalo wings (http://www.food.com/recipe/unbelievable-baked-buffalo-wings-155021)...I didn't feel like it added that much even though I had double the spices as I always do. Since I didn't follow the procedure of the recipe, I can't rate, but it wasn't as spicy as I wanted it to be.