Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
I would love to take credit for this, but alas, I cannot. This is from a great English Cookbook called "Gastropub Classics". I LOVE anchovies and this is great on a sandwich with meat, on pizza or on toast with cheese as a snack. Due to this being a library book, I am keeping this recipe here for safe keeping. Cooking time is processing time.
- 150 g anchovies packed in oil, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 350 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Place all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor and give it a good whizz until it is a smooth paste.
- With the machine running and funnel open, slowly pour the oil in a thin stream (like you were making mayonnaise). Season with pepper.
- Keep stored in the fridge for upto 2 weeks.