Prep 4 hrs
Cook 8 mins
If you can’t find ripe mangos, substitute pineapple. Adapted from Fine Cooking.
Make and share this Ancho-Marinated Pork and Mango Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (plus more for the grill)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder or 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes if wooden
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl, whisk the orange juice, lime juice, oil, sugar, ancho powder, garlic, pepper flakes and salt.
- Add the pork, toss to coat, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Thread the pork and mango cubes onto the skewers, alternating them and beginning and ending with a piece of pork. Each skewer should have about 5 pieces of pork and 4 pieces of mango.
- Prepare a medium gas or charcoal grill fire. Scrub the grill grate with a wire brush and then wipe clean with a paper towel dipped in oil. Cook the skewers, turning once, until the meat is browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the center, about 6-8 minutes. Serve garnished with the cilantro.