1/4 Photos of Ancho-Cumin Chicken Taco Filling
From a local source. I had on hand 1.25 pounds of boneless chicken thighs reducing the amount of cumin powder to 1 1/2 tablespoons and 1 1/2 tablespoons of ancho chile powder. I made my own ancho chili powder with one roasted whole dried ancho chili. The membrane, stem and seeds were removed and ground the chili in a spice grinder/coffee mill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up into chunks
- 1/4 cup cumin powder
- 1/4 cup dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1PULSE the chicken chunks in a food processor about 6-8 times briefly to chop chicken into small pieces, *being careful not to overprocess*.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the cumin powder, chili powder and salt.
- 3Place the chopped chicken into the bowl and toss with spices to combine well.
- 4Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- 5Add chicken in a single layer and cook, undisturbed, about one minute. Stir chicken and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about five minutes or so, stirring often and breaking up any large chunks with your spoon.
- 6To serve, spoon chicken mixture onto freshly made tortillas and top with the sides of your choice.
- 7Note: I made tostadas using a masa mix and we enjoyed our tostadas with the garnishes listed above except I didn't have time to make tomatillo salsa. The menu: tostadas were served with freshly cooked whole black beans (very lightly seasoned with S/P), and fresh strawberries.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ancho-Cumin Chicken Taco Filling
Serving Size: 1 (1090 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 859.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 20.1 g