Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Grand Manier gives this dessert that extra special something that keeps 'em coming back for more!
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier or 1⁄4 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground dried ancho chile powder
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- semisweet chocolate curls (to garnish)
- Combine the chocolates, Grand Marnier and ancho powder in a heavy saucepan and cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat the whipping cream, adding the confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold about one-fourth of the whipped cream into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with semisweet chocolate curls.