1/2 Photos of Ancho Chili-Rubbed Beef Roast
2 hrs 10 mins
This roast is one of the many good reasons to grow ancho chilies! I found this recipe in our local "Area Woman" and it is a keeper! Enjoy! Bon Appetit! Great for company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine rub ingredients; (all ingredients following the roast listed, minus the oil) and reserve 2 Tbs. for potatoes. Press remaining rub onto the beef. Use beef round tip roast.
- 2Place roast on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert oven proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of the beef, not resting in fat. (Do not overcook.).
- 3Meanwhile, mix reserved rub and oil and toss with potatoes. Roast Potatoes in a greased baking pan, covered for 1 hour. After 1 hour stir potatoes and leave pan uncovered and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 4Put the potatoes in the oven during the last hour before roast should be done. I figure in resting time for roast or you can keep the potatoes warm in your convection oven which is what I do, cover back on.
- 5Remove the roast when the meat thermometer registers 140 degrees for medium rare; 155 degrees for medium. Let stand for 15 minutes and then carve the roast. Season with salt to your taste.
- 6Important - Let the roast stand and rest before cutting or it for 15 minutes or it won't cut nicely!
- 7Serve with potatoes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ancho Chili-Rubbed Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
round tip roast