- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper (see note)
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
- Add flour and sugars, mix until smooth.
- Add cooled butter and mix well.
- Fold in nuts, chocolate chips and ground ancho chili pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until pie tests done.
- Serve warm, topped with fresh whipped cream.
- Note: Ancho peppers are available whole. To grind, soften peppers in water for 30 minutes, Drain and grind in a blender. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE CHILI POWDER. Update . . . found ground ancho chilis at Penseys.