Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich delicous brownies with a subtle hint of spice. Note: Use only ANCHO CHILI powder as it is a smokey slightly spicy chili powder!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 8 x 8 pan.
- Using a spoon, stir eggs with 3/4-cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla; add melted butter.
- Sift ground chocolate with flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into egg mixture; add nuts.
- Stir in chips. Spread into greased pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- For chewy brownies, use 8" pan and shorter baking time.
- For cake-like brownies, use 9" pan and longer baking time.
- Cut into squares.
I loved these brownies. I've made the recipe a couple times now and took them to work once. The chile spice is subtle and you don't taste the smokiness at first. The instructions aren't 100% but nothing's missing that couldn't be figured out.