Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was originally for T-bone steaks but it works just as nicely with deer. The rub helps minimize the 'gamey' taste and the butter just makes them delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 4 (1/2 lb) venison steak or 4 (1/2 lb) beef t-bone steaks
- Whip together the butter, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl until well combined. Transfer the butter mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap, gently wrap and form the butter into a log. Freeze until ready to use.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Mix together the steak seasoning and ancho chile powder in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning blend onto both sides of the venison steaks or T-bone steaks.
- Grill the steaks to preferred doneness, 5 to 8 minutes per side for medium. Top each steak with a slice of lime-cilantro butter to serve.