Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can make this pie up to a day ahead; when cool, cover and chill. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- 9 inch pie shell (bought or homemade)
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 2⁄3 cups whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9" pie pan with the pastry and flute edges, then line pastry with foil. Partially fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pie pastry in a 375° oven until edges are dry and barely golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully remove pie weights and foil. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, cream, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, ground chiles, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into hot pie crust and return pie to oven. Bake until center barely jiggles when shaken, about 45 minutes. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack, at least 2 hours. Cut into wedges to serve.