Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is a recipe from a great "gourmet" taco joint called Chipotle. They have 2 things, Tacos and Burritos. This place it totally crave-worthy! If you ever get a chance, try their Carnitas soft tacos. So good!
- 2 ounces dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red onion, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 meat, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak dried chilis overnight in water until soft.
- Remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients, except chicken to a food processor, puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over chicken and refrigerate at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to 400°F.
- Salt chicken breasts to taste.
- Grill for about 4 minutes per side, until done.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.