Recipe by Brenda.
Spicy oven fries that are a snap to make.
Top Review by EmilyStrikesAgain
These were great. I diced them and served them alongside bacon, date and manchego quesadillas. They're sweet (almost reminds me of eating a sweet potato!) but not overly so. I did find I had to add more salt than suggested to cut the sweetness, so I may use less sugar next time. Just a personal preference.
- 2 unpeeled baking potatoes, scrubbed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch-thick slabs. Cut slabs lengthwise into strips, gently pat strips dry with paper toweling and place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet (you may need 2 baking sheets).
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chile powder, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes, and gently toss to combine using your hands.
- Bake about 30 minutes until tender and golden brown, carefully turning once halfway through.