Spicy oven fries that are a snap to make.
Make and share this Ancho Chile Fries recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch-thick slabs. Cut slabs lengthwise into strips, gently pat strips dry with paper toweling and place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet (you may need 2 baking sheets).
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chile powder, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes, and gently toss to combine using your hands.
- Bake about 30 minutes until tender and golden brown, carefully turning once halfway through.