1/1 Photo of Ancho-Chile Chicken Bites in Ancho-Chili Sauce
Here is a quick and easy recipe that is certain to satisfy your taste buds. The only problem you'll have is finding any leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (thin sliced by Purdue)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground ancho chili pepper (divided)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 egg whites (or AllWhites for best results)
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (Famous Dave's Sweet n' Zesty)
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Salt and lightly pepper both sides the chicken breast.
- 2Liberally add the ancho chili pepper onto both sides of the breasts.
- 3Cut the breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- 4Whisk the egg whites.
- 5In a Ziploc bag or mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of Acho Chili Pepper.
- 6Take a handful of the cut chicken and dip into the egg whites. (coat well).
- 7Place the chicken in the flour mixture and shake well. (coat well).
- 8Place the chicken in the deep fryer at 355 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes. Drain on rack and set aside on paper towel. (NOTE: You do not have to fry all at once. Fry in batches for best results.).
- 9For sauce:.
- 10Melt butter in non stick pan. (medium heat).
- 11Stir in honey and brown sugar until well blended.
- 12Stir in Chili and Barbeque sauces.
- 13Add remaining tablespoon of Ancho Chili pepper. Stir.
- 14Bring to boil then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 15Place the chicken in a Tupperware bowl.
- 16Pour sauce over chicken.
- 17Put the top over Tupperware and shake chicken and sauce until chicken is evenly coated with sauce.
- 18Serve over rice, with cajun fries, or food of your choice.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ancho-Chile Chicken Bites in Ancho-Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 1108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 63.6 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground ancho chili pepper