Here is a quick and easy recipe that is certain to satisfy your taste buds. The only problem you'll have is finding any leftovers!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (thin sliced by Purdue)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground ancho chili pepper (divided)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 egg whites (or AllWhites for best results)
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (Famous Dave's Sweet n' Zesty)
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and lightly pepper both sides the chicken breast.
- Liberally add the ancho chili pepper onto both sides of the breasts.
- Cut the breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- In a Ziploc bag or mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of Acho Chili Pepper.
- Take a handful of the cut chicken and dip into the egg whites. (coat well).
- Place the chicken in the flour mixture and shake well. (coat well).
- Place the chicken in the deep fryer at 355 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes. Drain on rack and set aside on paper towel. (NOTE: You do not have to fry all at once. Fry in batches for best results.).
- For sauce:.
- Melt butter in non stick pan. (medium heat).
- Stir in honey and brown sugar until well blended.
- Stir in Chili and Barbeque sauces.
- Add remaining tablespoon of Ancho Chili pepper. Stir.
- Bring to boil then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a Tupperware bowl.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Put the top over Tupperware and shake chicken and sauce until chicken is evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve over rice, with cajun fries, or food of your choice.