2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe combines two of my favorite ingredients; chocolate and chiles. The recipe is the creation of the Union Square Grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine ground ancho chili, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, heavy cream, and salt. Bring to a boil cover and steep for 2 hours.
- 2Chop Valrhona dark bitter chocolate into one-inch pieces.
- 3Bring spice-and-cream mixture back to a boil and add the chopped chocolate pieces. Mix until combined and smooth. If lumps remain, stir over a double boiler until smooth.
- 4Pour mixture into a parchment-lined two-inch half pan. Refrigerate until set.
- 5With a small spoon, scoop out 50 equally sized ganache balls. Roll and smooth the balls with your hands.
- 6Mix cocoa powder and ancho chili powder in a small bowl. Roll ganache balls in cocoa and chili mixture.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ancho Chile and Cinnamon Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 983.1
- Calories from Fat 886
- Total Fat 98.4 g
- Saturated Fat 60.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 304.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: