Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe combines two of my favorite ingredients; chocolate and chiles. The recipe is the creation of the Union Square Grill.
- Combine ground ancho chili, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, heavy cream, and salt. Bring to a boil cover and steep for 2 hours.
- Chop Valrhona dark bitter chocolate into one-inch pieces.
- Bring spice-and-cream mixture back to a boil and add the chopped chocolate pieces. Mix until combined and smooth. If lumps remain, stir over a double boiler until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a parchment-lined two-inch half pan. Refrigerate until set.
- With a small spoon, scoop out 50 equally sized ganache balls. Roll and smooth the balls with your hands.
- Mix cocoa powder and ancho chili powder in a small bowl. Roll ganache balls in cocoa and chili mixture.