Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful sauce that goes well with everything. I like to add it to rice when cooking. Goes great with pork, chicken and beef.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Bourbon (Jim Beam is good)
- 3 ancho chilies, soaked, seeded, stems removed and pureed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the bourbon and cook until completely reduced.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until reduced by half.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, return mixture to the pan, and cook to sauce consistency, if you want to thicken, add some flour.
- Season with salt.
If you let this sauce get thick enough then use it on quail and grill them, it is to die for. MMMM mmm good. L.R. Beckwith
Brushed on chicken breasts and they sizzled in the Foreman Grill!!! Tasted Great!!!