Recipe by Thomas Fitzpatrick
A wonderful sauce that goes well with everything. I like to add it to rice when cooking. Goes great with pork, chicken and beef.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Bourbon (Jim Beam is good)
- 3 ancho chilies, soaked, seeded, stems removed and pureed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the bourbon and cook until completely reduced.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until reduced by half.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, return mixture to the pan, and cook to sauce consistency, if you want to thicken, add some flour.
- Season with salt.