Recipe by gailanng
Based on a Cooking Light recipe with some adaptations that I made not so light. 8-) Note: To make lighter you can sub flour tortillas, but the authenticity is with the corn tortillas.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder (can sub 3/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- cooking spray (or a swipe of vegetable oil)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 2 cups angel hair Coleslaw
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas (or flour tortillas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, garlic salt, and cumin. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 - 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
- Combine zest, 1 tablespoon juice and sour cream, milk and avocado in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, coleslaw, green onions, cilantro, oil and salt, tossing to coat.
- Heat tortillas according to directions. (Note: If using flour tortillas, those taste best crisped in a saute pan.) Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture and 1/4 cup slaw mixture.