My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the beans overnight in water to cover.
- 2In the morning rinse the beans with cold water and place in a large pot with fresh water to cover.
- 3Stir in the salt, cover and simmer slowly 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the beans are tender.
- 4Add water when necessary and stir occasionally to prevent the beans from burning.
- 5Add hominy and simmer, covered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 6The hominy and beans should be very soft and moist, but not too watery.
- 7While the beans and hominy are cooking, roast, peel, seed and dice the chiles.
- 8Sprinkle on top of the cooked beans for garnish.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anasazi & Pinto Beans with Hominy & Green Chiles
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1152.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: