Prep 0 mins
Cook 74 hrs
- 4 cups rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups ghee
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄3 cup milk (approx.)
- Wash and soak rice in plenty of water.
- Change water everyday, repeating process for 3 days.
- Now, drain all water, and spread on a clean cloth for 3-4 hours.
- Grind to powder and sieve.
- Mix in sugar.
- Now press and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle milk little by little, kneading mixture into a soft pliable dough.
- On a clean plastic sheet, sprinkle a few poppy seeds.
- Take a ping-pong-sized ball of dough, press onto sprinkled seeds.
- Rotate and thin out dough with the hand, forming a 4" sized round.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp.
- ghee in a frying pan.
- Let in one round, seeds side up.
- Shallow fry on low flame, till golden brown.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Repeat for remaining dough, add more ghee as required.
- Cool very well for 5-6 hours before storing in airtight containers.