Andy Jewell's Note:
I love to cheat at cooking and this is one of the biggest cheats I know. It looks spectacular and tastes a dream but only takes a few simple ingredients and little time to produce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1halve the pineapple down its length, cutting through the frond of green leaves at the top.
- 2Cut out the tough central "choke" from the two halves.
- 3Scoop out and chop the flesh, being careful not to damage the shell.
- 4Put the flesh and the rum into a freezer bag and put into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- 5Put the shells into a freezer bag and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- 6Make a meringue by beating the egg whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks before folding in the sugar.
- 7Heat your oven to its maximum.
- 8Place the pineapple shells on a baking sheet and fill with the pineapple flesh and rum.
- 9Add scoops of coconut ice-cream.
- 10cover with the meringue being careful to seal it round the edges to the pineapple shells.
- 11Bake for 5 minutes or until the meringue is lightly set and the peaks are just browning.
- 12If you want to go really over the top you can stick a couple of sparklers in as you serve it!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ananas En Surprise (Pineapple Surprise)
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 94.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: