Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Salsa with a little kick! Spanish, Mexican and Southwestern inspired.
- 6 fresh green anaheim chilies (about 3/4 lb.)
- 3⁄4 lb fresh tomatillo
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro stem
- Roast Chiles.
- Remove husks from fresh tomatillos& rinse tomatillos under warm water to remove stickiness.
- In saucepan simmer tomatillos, broth, garlic until tomatillos are tender, about 10 minute.
- Add chiles to mixture.
- Cool salsa slightly.
- In blender pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Salsa may be made up to this point, 2 days ahead& cooled, uncovered, before being chilled, covered.
- Bring salsa to room temperature or reheat before proceeding.
- Just before serving, in blender pulse salsa with cilantro until cilantro is finely chopped& season with salt.
- Makes about 3 cups.
This was excellent. And it was gone very quickly too. Very easy to make and the taste is to die for! Nothing like home made salsa! Thanks! I will make this again very soon!