1/2 Photos of Anadama Bread
4 hrs 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
A Tao Restaurant homemade bread recipe. Time includes rising times. Use a 8 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch loaf pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a larg bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk.
- 2Stir in the molasses and butter.
- 3Add the cornmeal and 1 cup flour and beat vigorously until smooth.
- 4Mix in salt and enough remaiing flour to make a stiff daough.
- 5Knead until smooth and elastic.
- 6Form dough into a ball and place it in a lightly oiled bowl.
- 7Turn it once to coat the surface with oil.
- 8Cover with a cloth and place in a warm area until it has doubled in size[approx 1 1/2- 2 hours].
- 9A closed car in a sunny spot is a good location.
- 10Punch the dough down and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 11Shape into 1 large loaf and place in well greased loaf tins.
- 12Allow to rise until almost doubled[45-60 minutes].
- 13Brush tops with beaten egg.
- 14Bake in a preheated 375 deg F oven for 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anadama Bread
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1928.6
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 2686.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 349.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 46.9 g