Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love this fast yeast bread that is baked in a bowl. We eat it with chili and baked beans. Or just alone with butter. Yummmmmmy.
- Lightly grease two ovenproof bowls. Coat easch with 2tsp cornmeal, shake out excess.
- In separate bowl stir 1cup cornmeal and salt into boiled water. Let stand 10-15 minutes or until thick and lukewarm.
- In a large bowl sprinkle yeast over warm water, let rest 10min. Stir in molasses, oil and the cornmeal mixture. Beat in 5 cups flour with a mixer. Add 1cup with spoon.
- Divide batter into prepared bowls. Sprinkle tops with 2tsp cornmeal.
- Let rise uncovered 1hour 15min. or til doubled.
- Bake loaves 55-60 min at 375*.