Recipe by Bugbums Bugbums
I love this fast yeast bread that is baked in a bowl. We eat it with chili and baked beans. Or just alone with butter. Yummmmmmy.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 6 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease two ovenproof bowls. Coat easch with 2tsp cornmeal, shake out excess.
- In separate bowl stir 1cup cornmeal and salt into boiled water. Let stand 10-15 minutes or until thick and lukewarm.
- In a large bowl sprinkle yeast over warm water, let rest 10min. Stir in molasses, oil and the cornmeal mixture. Beat in 5 cups flour with a mixer. Add 1cup with spoon.
- Divide batter into prepared bowls. Sprinkle tops with 2tsp cornmeal.
- Let rise uncovered 1hour 15min. or til doubled.
- Bake loaves 55-60 min at 375*.