Recipe by tamarinda
An early American recipe. From DAK Breadmachine manual cookbook
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Great bread. Just be conservative with the amount of yeast as this really rises a LOT. I put the ingredients in in the usual wet->dry order and used very hot but not boiling water. This worked well and avoided the 30 minutes wait.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast (1 package)
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cornmeal into bowl.
- Carefully pour boiling water into cornmeal, stirring to make sure it is smooth.
- Let stand to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in molasses, salt and butter.
- Place yeast in pan, then bread flour, the cornmeal mixture.
- Select white bread and push "start".