Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This is a great study food- very easy to make but filling
Make and share this An Oatmeal Poached Egg recipe from Food.com.
- mix the oatmeal and the water in a microwave safe bowl.
- microwave on high for just over a minute (I'm sorry, I only have a dial on my micorwave).
- hollow out a hole in the center of the oatmeal.
- gently break the egg into the hole.
- microwave on high for about a minute, depending on how you like your yolk.
- add butter and seasoning to taste.
I liked this. Didn't think I would but I let adventure take its course and hmmm. Surprisingly good. I went simple and just added salt and pepper. I ended up having to microwave it a bit longer as the white didn't want to set up but am pleased to report I had no yolk explosion in the process! Oatmeal was a tad overdone in the end but it was still tasty and filling. Thanks!
Mmm.. really tasty! I would definately recommend this! Had a few strange looks when I told people what I was eating but well worth it. I ate mine with a little splenda on top because I have a sweettooth but I think it would be nice with salt as well.
very yummy! i make mine with just the egg white, no butter, and a little salt and pepper on top :)