Recipe by Country Chef
Cooking for a couple of decades you are always tweaking. I have several dough recipes, but this is the one that consistently gets the high marks from my guest. A hot pizza stone works best, but a good hot oven is the key.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup cool water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine salt, honey, olive oil, and cool water.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Allow to proof for ten minutes.
- After proofing combine honey mixture and yeast in one large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, into the combined liquid mixture. Dough is an art - depending on your paradigm you may want to work this with your hands, add a T of water if it is dry.
- Place dough ball on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place dough in covered buttered (melted) bowl and allow dough to rest for 30 minutes. A slightly warmed oven (90 degree) is great.
- Divide into two equal sized dough balls.
- If using a pizza stone, place stone in oven and preheat oven to 450 for at least ten minutes.
- Roll out into two pies and add your favorite sauce and topping combinations.