1/2 Photos of An Italian's Classic Pizza Dough
Country Chef's Note:
Cooking for a couple of decades you are always tweaking. I have several dough recipes, but this is the one that consistently gets the high marks from my guest. A hot pizza stone works best, but a good hot oven is the key.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl combine salt, honey, olive oil, and cool water.
- 2Mix well and set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Allow to proof for ten minutes.
- 4After proofing combine honey mixture and yeast in one large mixing bowl.
- 5Add flour, one cup at a time, into the combined liquid mixture. Dough is an art - depending on your paradigm you may want to work this with your hands, add a T of water if it is dry.
- 6Place dough ball on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 7Place dough in covered buttered (melted) bowl and allow dough to rest for 30 minutes. A slightly warmed oven (90 degree) is great.
- 8Divide into two equal sized dough balls.
- 9If using a pizza stone, place stone in oven and preheat oven to 450 for at least ten minutes.
- 10Roll out into two pies and add your favorite sauce and topping combinations.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for An Italian's Classic Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 636.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g