Cooking for a couple of decades you are always tweaking. I have several dough recipes, but this is the one that consistently gets the high marks from my guest. A hot pizza stone works best, but a good hot oven is the key.
- In a small bowl combine salt, honey, olive oil, and cool water.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Allow to proof for ten minutes.
- After proofing combine honey mixture and yeast in one large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, into the combined liquid mixture. Dough is an art - depending on your paradigm you may want to work this with your hands, add a T of water if it is dry.
- Place dough ball on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place dough in covered buttered (melted) bowl and allow dough to rest for 30 minutes. A slightly warmed oven (90 degree) is great.
- Divide into two equal sized dough balls.
- If using a pizza stone, place stone in oven and preheat oven to 450 for at least ten minutes.
- Roll out into two pies and add your favorite sauce and topping combinations.
Awesome! Added 1 tsp of italian seasoning and came out great.
I really love this recipe. I used to think my pizza dough was good, until I tried this! Thanks
I quite liked this recipe. the dough was soft and easy to work with. My husband was grateful for the change from the usual recipe. Unfortunately we only have pizza stone envy, but someday I will have enough room in my kithcen to have a stone.... Next time I will add some italian herbs to the dough. Doesn't that sound flavorful?